A Week of A-Frame 30What's up with A-Frame, a WebVR framework for building virtual reality experiences, for the week of Oct 7, 2016 to Oct 14, 2016.
The big 30! We released A-Frame v0.3.2 to handle some breaking changes in nightly builds of Firefox and Chromium in regards to the WebVR 1.1. specification.
Work on the Registry continues with an updated frontend with inclusion of animation and physics:
And those will soon be usable from the Inspector:
We’re also working on a new command-line tool, Angle to make it easier for developers to create and consume components from the Registry, and get started building a new scene.
- akupresanin built Sense of Promise —
Five elixirs spread across five distinct worlds. See them before they are purchased off the block chain and disappear forever.
- lady_ada_king built VR Vaporwave Aesthetic —
We’re heading into the future, into the 1980s.
- wizgrav built A-Frame Clubber —
Audio driven visualizations for A-Frame using the Clubber rhythm analysis library.
- andgokevin built A-Frame React —
VR for React, updated. (boilerplate)
- sebscholl built Virtual Gallery —
See and create virtual reality image galleries.
- andgokevin built Angle —
Command-line tool for A-Frame. Install components from the Registry, and quickly get started with component and scene scaffolding templates.
- joaomarques built Waves XYZ —
See this sound. Audio visualizations.
- hitsmachines built Dayframe —
Emulate Google Daydream remote using a smartphone and WebSockets.
- zalomea built Labyrinth —
Escape from this randomly generated maze. (code
- sbrowserdevrel built Samsung A-Frame Components —
Including equirectangular screenshot bookmarklet, clone, curves, follow, ocean plane.
- donrmccurdy built A-Frame Physics System —
Physics from A-Frame Extras extracted out into a separate project.
- tincho_forever built La Secta Del Gatillo —
360° trailer for La Secta Del Gatillo.
- jesstelford built Frustum Lock Component —
Locks an entity to the camera frustum (viewport).
- jesstelford built Video Billboard Component —
Component that uses WebRTC to stream from device camera onto a plane in the scene.
- flysonic10 built Passthrough Component —
Show a webcam or phone camera video feed within the scene.
- YoniBinstock built Boiling Frog —
Become the boiling frog and get a view on climate change.
- meteorkitchen built A-Frame + Meteor Kitchen —
- protyze built Along Path Component —
Make entities follow predefined paths.
Activate Mozilla for WebVR, a campaign for people around the world to spread WebVR.
will be at
W3C WebVR Workshop next week.
is holding an
overnight WebVR camp event in Hyderabad.
held a meetup about
Exploring WebVR with TypeScript in Phoenix, AZ.
Bringing Virtual Reality to the Web at YOW! Connected.
A-Frame challenges at a meetup in Brussels.
wrote about the
Road to WebVR using A-Frame.
- dmarcos added
poolcomponent to improve performance when reusing entities.
- cvanw fixed
requestFullScreentypo for Firefox.
- lady_ada_king added
wireframeproperty for materials.
- hitsmachines fixed
- hitsmachines made
cursor pass copies of intersected object arrays.
- andgokevin added
- blairmacintyre fixed
direct reference to