A Week of A-Frame 10What's up with A-Frame, a WebVR framework for building virtual reality experiences, for the week of Apr 15, 2016 to Apr 22, 2016.
Mayo dropping shaders, AltspaceVR asking A-Frame for a dance, and SceneVR baking scenes. All vying for the crown of A Week on A-Frame, but winter is coming as Don McCurdy marches the revamped controls API.
- AltSpaceVR built AltSpaceVR Component —
A component that makes A-Frame scenes compatible with the social platform AltSpaceVR.
- jon_ibe built Electrocat —
Groove to Topanga’s music.
- mayognaise built Draw Shader —
A shader to render from canvas.
- mayognaise built HTML Shader —
A shader to render HTML using html2canvas.
- mayognaise built Video Shader —
A shader to render video, primarily for iOS inline playback.
- mayognaise built GIF Shader —
A shader to display GIFs.
- ericalayton built Sky Islands VR —
Islands floating over water.
- scenevr built Voxel Castle —
A castle created with MagicaVoxel, baked in Blender, and hosted on SceneVR.
- scenevr built Monument Valley Castle —
Another castle created with MagicaVoxel, baked in Blender, and hosted on SceneVR.
- atomicguy built Fence Component —
A component to set boundaries on an entity’s position.
- andreasplesch built Mesh Line Component —
A component to draw some nice thick lines.
- ngokevin built Randomizer Components —
A component that set random values.
- atomicguy built Victorian Exhibit —
A quaint museum visit.
- dmarcos implemented
a geometry merging API to reduce the number of draw calls.
- enjalot fixed
canvas size being overwritten when providing a canvas.
- ngokevin organized
and cleaned up all of the examples.
- ngokevin removed
unnecessary object comparisons in material and sound component updates.
- andreasplesch enabled
vanilla HTML templates when loading external templates.(for ngokevin/aframe-template-component)
- rangermauve enabled
vanilla HTML templates when loading templates from a script tag.(for ngokevin/aframe-template-component)