Don McCurdy as an A-Frame Core Developer
We are excited to include Don McCurdy as a core developer on the A-Frame open source project! Don is a developer at Google working on Project Sunroof. Since A-Frame was released in December 2015, Don has been active in the community. Volunteering in some of his free time, Don has:
- Built popular A-Frame components such as controls, physics, and loaders, and primitives within A-Frame Extras.
- Answered dozens of the community’s questions on Stack Overflow and hundreds on Slack.
- Contributed features to A-Frame such as support for glTF and shadows.
- Helped the implementation of the glTF and glTF 2 loader on three.js which benefits the greater WebVR community.
- Provided input on GitHub issues and pull requests which helps drive the direction of the project.
What can we expect? In the short term, things will be similar as Don may have already felt like a core member. We’re just making it official!